MANITOBA GOVERNMENT EXPANDS PROVINCE-WIDE GEOTHERMAL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
To qualify for geothermal incentives in Manitoba, the installation must be performed by an accredited installer member of the MGEA who is in good standing.
The following incentives are provided through province-wide Green Energy Equipment Tax Credits:
- Existing & New Homes: Manitobans can receive up to $2,400 of incentives from the Province of Manitoba through a Green Energy Equipment Tax Credit.
- Commercial Buildings: Owners are eligible to receive up to 15 per cent of the value of their installed geothermal systems through refundable tax credits.
- District/Community Geothermal Systems (where a minimum of three detached buildings are served by one geothermal system): Owners are eligible to receive tax credits up to 15%.
Further Details on the Province of Manitoba Incentive
GREEN ENERGY EQUIPMENT TAX CREDIT
- A Manitoba Green Energy Equipment Tax Credit up to 15% is available for the installation of eligible geothermal systems throughout Manitoba. This includes installations into most buildings including existing and newly constructed residential and commercial buildings.
- The tax credit can be claimed through the income tax system either on the individual T1 income tax return or the corporate T2 income tax return. Individuals, corporations and not for profit organizations can claim the refundable tax credit for eligible geothermal installations. For more information or assistance on the Green Energy Equipment Tax Credit contact The Manitoba Tax Assistance Office or see http://www.gov.mb.ca/finance/tao/green.html.
Send an application to the Manitoba Geothermal Energy Incentive Program to apply for a geothermal grant.
For a Grant Application Form, a Grant Guide or additional information on the Government of Manitoba geothermal incentives please click here.